Labs on Campus
Anatomy, Microbiology, Physiology, Biochemistry, and Histopathology
Fully qualified & experienced faculty, Classes taught in English
One-on-one student mentoring and tutoring
Problem Based Learning
Integrated from Day 1 of Basic Sciences
Graduates practicing medicine in United States, Canada and around the world.
Library & QBank
On campus: Free WiFi access, Online practice questions & Access of medical journals.
Research & Journal Club
Integrated into the curriculum: Research opportunities & review of current literature
Quality clinical rotations at renowned teaching hospitals throughout United States and Curaçao.
Small class sizes
A 10:1 student-teacher ratio & Personalized Education.
Housing & Food
Accommodations within walking distance, Food available on campus, North American food options available.
Airport pickup for all new students.
Education is our priority and well-being of our students is just important. Campus & accommodations are located in safe & secure environment.
Avalon University School of Medicine
- We have a U.S. based medical curriculum which allows our graduates to be competitive candidates for residency placement.
- Our clinical medicine program is very strong, especially in comparison to the vast majority of international medical schools
- We offer Clinical rotations at exceptional teaching hospitals.
- Clinical rotations are available in the United States and Curaçao.
- Students are able to complete all their clinical rotations in one geographic location.
- With little or no downtime between rotations.
- We offer Problem Based Learning (PBL) which is integrated into our basic science curriculum. This incorporates the application of basic science knowledge into a clinical context.
- We have developed fully equipped Microbiology, Physiology, Biochemistry and Histopathology labs on campus. Our anatomy lab includes cadavers and plastinated organs which further enhance the educational experience.
- Our curriculum includes Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM), which allows our students to be more involved in medical research during their study of basic sciences.
- Classes at Avalon are taught in English by instructors that have earned MD’s or PhD’s.
- Avalon University has small class sizes for a more personalized education. Professors are able to spend more time focusing on each student’s needs during class!
A Medical School with faculty that deeply cares for their students!
- Our small class sizes provide a more personalized education. Professors are able to spend more time focusing on each students needs during class!
- Faculty offers student mentoring programs, in which the faculty will guide students to gain the information they need to become successful. Each student at Avalon will have individual and career guidance throughout their journey at Avalon. Students will find help through their medical school experience.
- Our tuition is affordable in comparison to the majority of international medical schools, with multiple scholarship opportunities available. Our financial aid office will provide guidance to help each one of our students!
- Our administration offers support for housing, with accommodations available within a walking distance to the campus at affordable prices.
- Our staff provides airport pick-up! Students will be welcomed in Curaçao by our staff who will arrange airport pick-up for all incoming students to help make them feel welcome!
- AUSOM offers food on campus. The island also has many food options that will make you feel at home. Also, for students with food restrictions; Vegetarian, Gluten-Free and Halal foods are available!
- The on-campus library facility has late hours to provide students with a safe quiet place to study with wireless internet (Wi-Fi) access throughout the campus!
- Our campus is located on a safe and well-developed island. The island of Curaçao offers our students the same amenities that are in the United States and Canada. Curaçao has selected Willemstad, the historic city because of its outstanding value and integrity which illustrated the organic growth of the island!
Caribbean-Medical-School,Caribbean-Medical-Schools,Caribbean-Medical University,Caribbean-Medical-Universities,Medical-Schools-in-Caribbean,Top-medical-school-in-Caribbean,Medical-Universities-in-Caribbean,Top-Medical-Schools-in-US,medical-school,Top-medical-schools-in-Canada,Caribbean-med-schools,best-caribbean-medical-university,accredited-caribbean-medical-school,Caribbean-med-school,Medical-Schools,US-medical-schools,Canadian-Medical-schools,best-caribbean-medical-school,Top-Caribbean-Medical-school,top-caribbean-medical-university,Top-Caribbean Medical-College,no-mcat-Caribbean-Medical-School,accredited-caribbean-medical-schools,medical-education-in-caribbean,imed-listed-medical-schools,Good-Medical-Schools,Best-Medical-School,Medical-School-Ranking, accredited-caribbean-medical-school, accredited-caribbean-medical-schools, imed-listed-medical-schools, medical-school-ranking, medical-school-rankings, med-school-rankings, accredited caribbean medical school