Additional information and forms will be provided upon acceptance into the university.
Here is the list of the required documents and forms for Curaçao Immigration to obtain a temporary
students resident permit for Curaçao. These documents are required for 1st time applicants.
Documents for the renewals will be provided by the Curaçao campus administration.
Note – Use Blue Pen and Block Letter only to fill out all forms, Please sign as per your passport.
USA Student Birth Certificate
- If you are a citizen of USA and born in USA then your original birth certificate need to be Apostilled by the secretary of the state in which you were born.
- If you are citizen of USA and born out side of USA then you need to contact Dutch Embassy in country of decent/origin to obtain the seal of Apostille or get a legalized stamp from Dutch embassy. If a student cannot get a seal of Apostille or cannot legalize the document from the Dutch embassy then in that case they have to provide “Naturalization Certificate”
Canadian Student Birth Certificate:
- Canadian student have to get their long form legalized and then Apostilled from the Dutch Embassy.
- If a Canadian student is born out side of Canada and cannot obtain an Apostilled birth certificate from the country of decent/origin then they can submit their valid proof of birth along with their certificate of citizenship.
First you must have all your documents signed and sealed by your lawyer (notarized).
Next take those documents to 77 Grenville Ave. or Road 9th Floor, Document Services. (Downtown Toronto)
Next you must go to the Royal Dutch Embassy, 1 Dundas St. W, Suite 2106, Toronto, ON. They will only seal documents after you go to document services and get their seal.
Indian Student Birth Certificate Birth certificate should be issued by proper authority from India. It is always issued on form numbers 5, 9 or 10.Form number would depend on the state from where you belong (you can see one demo birth certificate from here). You should obtain latest birth certificate if existing one is older than 1 year and it has to be issued in English. Once you have your latest birth certificate issued then get an apostilled stamp on the back side of your birth certificate(click here to see how apostille stamp will look like).(Note – you can get apostille stamp from the National Ministry of External Affairs)(Please notice that birth certificate made by affidavit and/or notary on non-judicial stamp paper won’t be considered as a valid birth certificate for immigration process in Curaçao). Click here to know
step by step procedure on how to get apostille stamp in India.
Other International Student Birth Certificate
- If student is born in any other country than mentioned above then, birth certificate need to be either legalized or apostille. Please check here to know which stamp you need to get on your birth certificate.
2.Two passport size pictures
Two passport size pictures. Size should be 35mm x 45mm (European Passport photo size) See below picture for guidance
3.Two photocopies of your passport
Two photocopies of your passport. If you are holding an American Passport then please insert a photocopy of the page “25” and “27” also.
4.Bank Statement and Guarantee declaration letter from parent
- Bank Statement – Applicant should provide a Bank statement or Letter from bank (Balance certificate) with minimum of $7000 US Dollars, this statement / letter from bank should clearly show the name of student on it along with primary account holder. If student is from other countries who have currency other than US Dollars or Euro then their bank statement should state amount in US Dollars also along with local currency. (Bank statement should not older than 1 month).
- Guarantee Declaration Letter from parent (Download letter from here, fill it and send 3 original copy along with other documents) Guarantee declaration letter from parent(s) with the statement ” He/She will provide you minimum $600/month as a living expenditure on the island during your study”. This letter should be provided with passport copy of the person who is signing this letter for you. (Signature should be same as per passport)
5.Police Clearance Certificate
- This certificate is also known as Certificate of good conduct and can be obtained from your local police station. This certificate should NOT be completed 90 days before it reachs to Curaçao.
7.Model – I form
- 1 Authorization forms is required to be filled and signed by student and must be sent as an original (please send 3 original copies in order to use it at different stages of your resident permit application)You can download Authorization form, from here.
Married students from Non-Visa required countries (USA/Canada and most of the European Countries, for more details please contact OHIO admissions office) can bring their family with them to stay on island for 90 days. If the student wants to have their family members stay longer, they must apply for their temporary resident permit at the Curaçao immigration office. Additional information and forms will be provided upon acceptance into the university.