Requirements for selection
We want to give you an opportunity at Avalon University School of Medicine. We are seeking students who are willing to work hard, and show the personal motivation for success. If you have the dedication, drive and passion for the field of medicine, we encourage you to complete an application for admission.
The Admissions Committee evaluates applications based on several factors, including:
- Academic Records
- Applicant’s Essay
- College Admissions Test Score
- Extracurricular Activities
- Life Experiences
- Work Experience
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Interview (Generally done via telephone)
Admission requirements for 4 Year MD Program:
All applicants applying for the 4 year M.D. program for Avalon University School of Medicine are required to complete the prerequisites which would include at least three years of undergraduate studies and/ or a total of 90 credit hours with a passing grade. We are looking for a total cumulative GPA of 3.0 with following mandatory prerequisite courses including
- General Biology or Life Sciences – Two semesters or one year of study
- General / Inorganic Chemistry – Two semesters or one year of study
- Biochemistry / Organic Chemistry – Two semesters or one year of study
- Physics – Two semesters or one year of study
- English – Two semesters or one year of study
- Precalculus / Calculus – One semester
- Background in Humanities or Social Sciences – One semester
Humanities include philosophy, literature, religion, art, music, history and language.
Social sciences include Political Science, Education, Human Geography, Demography, Psychology or Behavioural Sciences, Medical Ethics, Sociology, Anthropology, Archaeology, Jurisprudence, History, and Linguistics.
Admission Requirements for Transfer Student
Avalon University School of Medicine accepts transfer students from other accredited medical schools. We believe in students right to seek education at any academic institution where they feel they will receive the best medical education possible. Our Admissions Department evaluates transfer applications on a case by case basis. The following things are required for transfer students as per our transfer policy.
- Fill Online application
- 75 USD registration fee (Waived off)
- Transcripts from previous medical school
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Passport Pictures